b. on massage and how it can improve your body
Massage shouldn’t be seen as a luxury…it should be seen as a body health necessity. Massage is as important to your body as exercise. It helps to relieve muscle soreness but it also is a whole body stretch. It elongates your muscles and helps to relieve pain and tension preventing injury and it also creates blood flow for weight loss.
Reasons for Massage
- Massage helps maintain the body to be in better condition, prevent injuries and loss of mobility, cure and restore mobility to injured muscle tissue and boost performance.
- Deep tissue massage causes the pores in membranes to open, enabling fluids and nutrients to pass through. This helps remove waste products such as lactic acid and encourages the muscles to take up oxygen and nutrients, therefore helps with recovery.
- Massage can stretch tissues that cannot be stretched by yourself. Bundles of muscle fibres are stretched lengthwise as well as sideways during a massage. Massage can also stretch the sheath or fascia that surrounds the muscle, so releasing any tension or pressure build up.
- Massage increases blood flow to tissues, the same as exercise does. What massage also does is open or expand the blood vessels and by stretching them, this enables nutrients to pass through more easily therefore creating better blood flow and circulation for weight loss.
- Massage releases tension and waste products in muscles that can often cause pain. It helps reduce this in many ways including releasing the endorphins into the body.
- Massage will cause muscles relax through heat generated circulation and stretching.
- Massage reduces anxiety levels through relaxation.
Reasons why I get massaged and the incredible changes it has made to my body
I personally get massages every 6 weeks with the same masseur that I have seen since my racing days through pregnancy and now to total body health.
Over time my body has seen many changes good and bad due to injury recovery from racing (excessive cycling and running) and body injury post pregnancy and birth.
I also was in need of deep relaxation from anxiety of motherhood initially. Over time it has helped me to see things more clearly after birth complications and it has also realigned my spine.
My back and hips were excessively out of balance and with the combinations of a ***change in my fitness regime, ***adding a well-balanced gym program (including yoga) that is focused on alignment, my back and hips are perfectly straight.
The proudest part of my body changes is + my health and +body alignment which had caused me so many problems in the past. This is the main reason why I can help others get the best from their bodies too.
Book a massage today and enjoy the rewards of great health!