This is the ultimate comfort food and especially great on a Saturday night in. The lil’ crew and I ventured out on a picnic today with friends and this bit of total deliciousness was coming with us. The cheesy smell is too hard to resist!
b. triple cheesy pasta
2 cups of pasta/ salt ( cook pasta as usual)
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup tasty cheese
1/4 cup fetta cheese
bacon/parsley/grated zucchini (optional)
1. cook pasta as usual and drain and allow to cool.
2. Beat eggs/ cream/ add cheese until a custard consistency > allow to sit while browning bacon / or pasta is cooking.
3. Brown off bacon / grate zucchini and add to egg mixture
4. Place the pasta and egg mixture into a greased deep cast iron pan and place in the oven for 20 minutes until the top is brown.
5. Remove from oven to cool / some sections of pasta may still be soft however being left to cool the mixture will set.
6. Wrap up in a cloth and take on a picnic or simply serve warm with fresh green salad or eat from the pan.