Curbing those winter food and fitness habits will get us back and feeling fresh and vibrant. But don’t be too hard on yourself; we all do it but it’s how fast and how well we curb them that counts to our body health.
Winter is time spent curled up on the couch, being warm in bed, playing indoors, seasonal parties and lots more. It’s also a time for enjoying delicious food and invariably packing on the extra kilograms hidden in winter clothing.
It’s hard to resist the temptation of comfort food in the colder months. However it’s not just you, there is a science behind these cravings.
The fat in your body keeps you warm in cold weather, and so you have an increased need to eat fatty foods. Additionally, you tend to stay in and exercise less during these months. And so you burn fewer calories and munch a lot more than you should. Knowing what your body craves during the winter and how to combat this is the key to losing weight, or not putting it on in the first place.
Here are a few ideas to help you out. They include better and healthier food choices, better behaviours to adopt and inspiration to get yourself off the winter wagon.
Curb those winter food habits and replace with these b. favourites:
- Warm green tea
- Sliced up orange
- 12 x Almonds (ps. Try the new @macro cacao version)
- Oats with grated apple and cinnamon
- Blueberries punnet rather than chocolate block (it’s the same price)
- 1 Rye toast with banana & peanut butter
- 4 small squares of bitter dark chocolate
- Sip on warm water or drink water constantly (every time you want food – THINK drink water first)
- Add a protein shake
- Apple slices + 8 almonds OR spread with nut butter (only 1 tablespoon max)
- Eat more greens
- Munch on carrots
Feeling Cold ? Exercise Away The Winter cold feels
- Rug up but then get up and move
- ADD THIS QUICK SET: 10 squat will do the trick; 10 step ups; 10 abs climbers – Warm in 30 seconds ✔
- Add a workout with a buddy
- Try a new fitness activity or training zone or class
- Carry your gym bag in the car
Remember that your body is craving warmth not fatty sugar food. Give it what it required not an alternative. It’s true that our mind tricks our body and in winter we especially become lazy and want those easy grabs foods. Food is the key to staying on or within our personal best body goal.
Still got Mind Games?
Throw away this repetitive mind line; ‘Oh I’ve already ruined today may as well just eat that’.
Nope you didn’t ruin today you just got lazy and ‘decided to stopped nourishing your body’
OUCH Try that!? This always works for my mindset reboot as when I look at the lack of nourishment to my body I find I am forced to pick up my game. Let’s go b.crew it’s time to get back our best body health.
Health and Happiness always,