Cravings are normal and are not to be ignored for good health balance. I really felt like Margarita Pizza however the flour and excess cheese are not an option for my body to be of optimal health. Here is a way to eat pizza without the unhealthy parts.
CLEAN HEALTHY VERSION – Margarita Pizza Salad
- 1 cup of raw uncut cherry tomatoes (better if they are almost overripe or better still get the seconds from the markets)
- philladelphia light cheese (1/2 block) broken into pieces
- handful basil leaves
- salt/ pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- baby spinach leaves
- Put cherry tomatoes, philly cheese, approx 5 -torn up basil leaves, approx 5- torn up spinach leaves into a lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle it with the rice bran oil lightly
- Add salt and pepper evenly over tray
- Place in moderate oven for 30mins / alternatively put under the grill for 15 mins
- When it turns brown and the cheese is melted remove from oven and allow to cool (tomatoes are extremely HOT!)
- Place spinach in the bowl and layer the luscious tomato and cheese on top of the spinach.
- Add extra salt and pepper if required.
TIP: If you are really hungry – I like to add a layer of quinoa in between spinach and tomatoes – this helps to sustain fullness for longer.